Recent reforms in the telecommunications market in Indonesia have led to a major restructure of the industry. This liberalisation has encouraged increased foreign investment and opened the way for overseas corporates to become more active in the Indonesian Telecommunications Media and Technology sector.
Hiswara Bunjamin & Tandjung has significant experience advising major foreign and domestic clients on Indonesian telecommunication industry matters. We have a well-established and reliable track record of representing clients and are regularly appointed on major transactions related to telecommunication industry.
We provide a holistic approach to advising clients on Indonesian regulations related with telecommunication sector. It has allowed us deliver highly responsive and effective recommendations for our clients.
- CVC Asia Pacific: acting as Indonesia legal counsel on its US$275 million private equity investment in Indonesian fixed broadband and cable TV operator, Link Net through a combination of pricing shares in Link Net and bonds issued by First Media, the listed parent company of Link Net.
- Singapore Telecom Mobile: acting as Indonesia legal counsel on the proposed spin-off of its interest in the BTS telecommunications towers owned by Telkomsel.
- Hutchison Telecom: acting as Indonesia legal counsel on its US$120 million acquisition of majority interest in Cyber Access Communications, Indonesian 3G Licence holder and associated shareholding arrangements.
- Singapore Telecommunications: acting as Indonesia legal counsel on the disposition of a shareholding in an Indonesian fixed the regional telephone joint venture company with Telkom.
- Nokia on aspect of negotiation of its network construction and services managed contract with Telkomsel.
- Allied Telesyn International: acting as Indonesia legal counsel on speedy access procurement program in Telekomunikasi Indonesia.
- PCCW: advising on Indonesia regulatory framework on telecommunications networking.
- NTT: assisting NTT on the establishment of and regulations regarding internet service provider business.
- a foreign private equity company: acting as Indonesia legal counsel on the acquisition of more than 600 BTS towers located throughout Indonesia.
- Hutchison Telecommunications: advising on Indonesian regulatory aspects of the disposition of its telecommunications towers.
- XL: advising on the regulatory aspects in relation to the proposed merger with AXIS.
- Carlyle: acting as Indonesia legal counsel on its investment in a telecommunication sector related company in Indonesia.
- Global Television: acting as Indonesia legal counsel on the establishment of a foreign investment company.
- Star TV and ESPN Star Sports: acting as Indonesia legal counsel in relation to a regulatory investigation by the KPPU concerning alleged anti-monopolistic behaviour regarding the provision of pay TV channels in Indonesia.
- News Corp: acting as Indonesia legal counsel on the proposed acquisition of TV cable company in Indonesia and on claims between it and Indovision on termination of its Indonesian joint venture.
- BBC World Service: advising on the current regulations and practice in relation to the registration of a foreign broadcasting office in Indonesia.
- AXIS: acting as Indonesia legal counsel on its proposed disposal of tower assets.
- Asian Infrastructure Fund and others: acting as Indonesia legal counsel on their investments in telecommunications companies in Indonesia.